Saturday, August 19, 2006

Expectations

I read in an article that a high school student in Kansas did a rare feat. He scored a perfect score on not only the SAT, but also the ACT. While reading this it got me to think about world expectations versus God's expectations. This high school student probably had pressure from eithier his parents, his peers or he puts pressure on himself so that he can get into a good college. That's the worldly view, in God view it's another matter. In Philipians 1:20, Paul writes "According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life or by death." In this world we expect to get a good job, get married, have kids and retire. All those things are good, but if they don't have a Christ center life it means nothing. I know recently in my own life, I feel like this high school student trying to live up to certain expectations. God's expectations for your life are so much greater than you can imagine, if you just put him into the center of your life.

1 comment:

Barrett McLain said...

Tim, that was excellent. Thanks for the needed reminder. By the way, I am that high school student.