Monday, September 04, 2006

Goodbye summer, Hello Fall

Labor Day Weekend to some people is consider the end of summer. Although, it officially doesn't end until Sept. 23rd. This past weekend, I went down to my alma mater in Pittsburg, Kansas to see my friend Dan. We didn't do any fishing, but we did do some clay shooting which I haven't done in over ten years. I talked mostly politics with him being that he is a candidate for state representative, but he realizes he has tough road ahead of him and he truly believes that he can win the seat. He talked with me about my spiritual life and he asked me the one question "What are you doing for Heavens Sake?" In other words, what are you doing for the Kingdom of God and not the Kingdom of Tim. Well; I said, I don't know where God is going to use me. On one hand, I think god is going to use me here and then he leads me into this direction. Then there are times where I think there is something else that is hidden that Christ will lead me there. I told Dan that I honestly don't know, but one thing for certain I do pray about it. And wherever the Lord leads me I will follow. This weekend gave me a chance to not only meet up with some good friends, but gave me a chance to reflect on my life on just how far I have come in my own spirtual journey. I hope you all had great weekend and may God bless you.

No comments: