Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend wrap up

Okay, this past weekend was a little bit of good and bad. The bad was surprisingly was the barbecue and I'm talking about the Great American Barbecue at the Woodlands. I went with my cousin to hopefully sample all the sauces. Unfortunately, I pulled a Homer Simpson when I found out that sampling sauces only lasted between 10 AM and 4 PM. DOHHH! So, for me this really stunk......I basically pay ten dollars for nothing and I pay extra for the barbecue food that I did eat.....Unbelieveable......oh well you win some and lose some.



Although, going up to Omaha made up for the barbecue. I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Omaha. Name my price on priceline and got it for 60 dollars a night. Normally the place goes for 139 dollars a night. The Lewis and Clark landing (aka the riverwalk) was okay it's not quite San antonio, but it's better that K.C. which has nothing. Here's just a sample photo of the riverwalk.

The Old market was pretty nice.....if you want Italian food. They had so many selections it was hard to choose. Went to the Spaghetti Works resteraunt and had noodles with red and pesto cream sauce combine....yummy. The Old Historic market is a mix between bricktown in Oklahoma city and Old town in Wichita. Nice place for lunch and dinner. I hadn't been to Omaha in so many years, but if you need to go to a place for a weekend with gas prices being so high. I would highly recommend it. Definitely one place everybody should stop is the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha. As memorial day came and went.....I did take some time to think about for those who gave their lives who have give us this freedom. So, when enjoy your day off from work or have that barbecue get together with family and friends. Just remember that someone took it in the gut for you to enjoy that freedom.
signed
Tim Crippen

No comments: