Friday, January 02, 2009

New year's prediction post

Well another year has passed and were wondering where did 2008 go. I look back on some of my predictions and some came true others well were working on it. First the true then did come out right. Foreclosures were up from the previous year, I was promoted within my company, there was youtube tv on a reality series it was called "quarterlife" but it only lasted one episode. I won't give myself credit on the presidential election cause I cover all the bases. Also, there was major earthquake in California in midsummer...if you call 5.6 on the Richter scale a major one.
This year for me will be the year of bad economics......from companies like Lehman bros, Merrill Lynch, and AIG......to banks like Indy Mac, Washington Mutual and Goldman Sachs all feeling the pinch this past year. Bailout seemed to be the word of the year. Michael Phelps made us stay up late for a week to see him win eight gold medals in one Olympics. Central china had a major earthquake killing thousands of people. The Kansas Jayhawks won the national title in basketball and president bush avoided being hit by a shoe. The country also elected it's first African American president. We saw famous people pass away like Heath ledger, Michael Crichton (author of Jurassic Park) and Paul Newman just to name a few.

So what does 2009 bring us.......I'll try my best for my prediction post.

1. I will pay off my credit card this year ( last year I said the same thing but I traded in truck instead).

2. Gov. Blagovich will eventually be remove from his office this year.

3. President Obama will get his first chance to select a supreme court justice and it will be a Latin American judge.

4. The stock market will dip below 7,000 this year.

5. Unemployment rate could possibility see double digits since the great depression.

6.The Carolina panthers will be SuperBowl champions this year

7.Jay Leno's last show on the Tonight show this year will be just as tearful as when Johnny Carson left the show.

8. Lance Armstrong will be known as "the comeback athlete of the year" after his three year hiatus from winning the "Tour de France".

9.You will start to hear talk about 3-D TV's

10.The royals might surprise some teams this year....then again maybe not.

Signed
Tim "the swami" Crippen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and president bush avoided being hit by a shoe

lol
Spring