Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Scientists their at it again......also a record selling card

Once again scientists are at it again, this time their diving into christianity. James Cameron, film director who directed "The terminator" and "Titanic" has a new documentary this sunday on The Discovery channel entitled "Last tomb of Christ" in which challenges basic tenants of Christianity. They say that with DNA testing that the remains of these two stone boxes will determine whether they are of Jeus Christ and of Mary Magdalene. Really??? We can't even figure out who the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby? How we are going to prove something that happen over 2,000 years ago. Haven't we gone down this controversial road with books like "The Da Vinci Code" and movies like "The Last Temptation of Christ"? Sometimes I swear that these reasearchers have nothing else better to do with their time. Now, that these scientists have made me mad again......I think I better give them a call and ask them to come Kansas City. We would all hop in my truck and head over to Union Station to show them The Dead Sea Scrolls (I still want to see this exhibit myself)......that way they'll get understanding of the truth in Christainity.

As a baseball card collector I wish I had this particular card in my collection. Yesterday, a Southern California auction sold a 1909 rare Honus Wagner Tobacco Card for 2.3 million dollars. This card is known by collectors as "The Holy Grail" of all cards. It is rare because they are only 60 available around the world. Plus, Honus wagner ask tobacco company stop using his image because he didn't want promote smoking to kids. Hmmm.......I wonder what I can get for my 1962 Mickey mantle and my 1975 George Brett Rookie Card?

Signed Tim "baseball collector " Crippen

No comments: