Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Top ten sporting events you must see before you die

Recently, I read an article from Jim Caple on espn.com on the 101 things all sports fans must see before you die. Some I agreed, others I have done, and some I kind of wonder whether they were consider sports. Lets start with Caple's list of things I have done.

#100 Go see Harlem Globetrotters game

#62 Midnight madness at a KU basketball game

#22 Cubs game at wringley field

#35 Opening Day in Baseball



Now here are the ones that I kind of wonder are really sports

#98 Calveras county California Frog jumping jubilee....where wine tasting and 2,000 frogs are involved.

#94 the Hot dog eating championships at coney island on the fourth of July....can anybody say disgusting

#90 The show me state games in Columbia, Mo in July.......this is where 30,000 average joe missourians compete in summer games ages range from 3 to 83. I would like to participate in this, but I feel like I would get embarass by a guy in his 50's if I were running the 100m dash.

#65 The wife carrying championships in Sonka jarvi, Finland......I have seen this event on TV before and it's funny.

#47 Running of the bulls ......Pamplona, spain ........Now, my brother has done this and you have to be very careful on the cobble streets. At least he did this event before he got married.



Now Caple's 10

1. Summer Olympics

2.World Cup soccer

3.Winter Olympics

4.world series

5.NCAA subregional baskeball championships

6Spring training

7. NFL Conference championships

8. The Masters

9.Wimbledon

10. Tour de France during the mountain stage



Tim Dawg's top ten ...........the number in parethesis is where caple put it.

1.Hall of Fame Induction in Cooperstown (16)

2.World Series (4)

3.Field of Dreams in Dyersville, Iowa (74)

4. SuperBowl (not even numbered, in fact caple put it at 10 things to avoid)

5Indy 500 (33)

6.Kentucky Derby (32)

7.The masters (8)

8. Visiting Fenway Park (not numbered but should be)

9.Wimbledon (9) If anything just for strawberries and cream

10.Big 12 tournament (only if it's K.C. and was not listed)

Honarable Mention

The Prefontaine Classic (70) Where some of best runners compete

Signed
Tim "that's my list and I'm sticking to it" Crippen

No comments: