Thursday, July 05, 2007

Get over it

A song by the Eagles but also a phrase I use for some people who were at Kauffman Stadium last night. Last night I was not working the game as I was enjoying my fourth of july with family and relatives in Topeka. I lit some of my cousin's fireworks and had great time enjoying other displays from around the neighborhood. The focus of this post is on what had or should I say did not happen at the K. As we know fireworks have always been a tradition on the fourth. Well, last night the fireworks display at the Kauffman Stadium didn't go because rain got into both generators which are suppose to be in sync to music to begin the fireworks show. This was promoted to be the biggest fireworks display in town and yet it didn't happen. Now, the royals organization were gracious enough to fans to redeem their tickets for any ballgame the rest of the year. It's a good PR move for them since they had pretty much had egg on their face. I do feel sad for people who have kids and were promised fireworks and didn't get it. I also feel sorry for those people who have to drive long way say like Warrensburg, MO or Topeka, KS and didn't get a show, but at the same time what did you pay for a baseball game (in which they played) or a fireworks show. The fireworks show is really a bonus and yeah I know it's the fourth of july but as I always say "things do happen" and from what I heard that some people were booing and didn't get a show I say "Get over it". If you want to see a fireworks display go see a fireworks display....if you wnat to see a ballgame go see a ballgame. This isn't Burger King where you can have it your way.

signed
Tim "hope everybody had a wonderful fourth of july" Crippen

No comments: