Sunday, September 30, 2007

Birthday Weekend

Well, today is my birhtday and if you want to know how old I am just take Brian Urlacher's number divide it by 2 and then add 5 and you'll get my age. Speaking of the Bears they dis appointed me again, but at least some good news at least they bench grossman. This weekend has been kind of a mixed emotional weekend. I went to two funeral services one of which was of our former landlord who died of brain cancer. The other a friend of my parents of the leavenworth church of nazarene. I won't say to much about the funeral services other than the fact they were both unique their own special way. I went to Mimi's Cafe for my birthday it was unique in the since that not only was it my birthday but it was the same weekend my dad retire from the Veteran's Administration as a field examiner. We had very good dinner I order the chicken enchiladas with the honey lime sauce which is really good. Then afterwards I had enough in my spare tire stomach to order dessert and I order the bannana foster mud pie which was huge. Our waitress even put a candle on it and everybody sang Happy Birthday to me which was pretty cool. I will admit that the dessert was good, but it wasn't worth five dollars. Then if I thought as if the day couldn't have been topped off. The lady manager over there gave Ron & Joan Teeters as well as my mom and Dad a free 4-pack of Mimi's Cafe famous muffins. Wow, good food, five of the top ten college football teams got upset and I had a pretty good week at work. This weekend was extremely great.

I'll admit that getting older hasn't change me to much other than I just add another candle to the cake and that I'm seeing some grey hairs in me. I have to tell you a story at the resteraunt. Sitting at the south table from us, I see this young family with two kids probably ages 7 and 4. Anyway, they were having a good time drawing in their coloring books, laughing and talking to one another as a family. As I saw this I was thinking about some of the good times my brother and I went to family resteraunts going as a family. How we use to play with our coloring books and bring our stuff animals to the table. I was also thinking why I haven't found that certain someone in my life where I can talk to my own kids and ask them what is going on with their lives and just to learn to laugh at life. Perhaps, I've revealed too much but I felt like I need to tell how I feel. Anyway, I hope everbody is having a good week.

Signed
Tim "Birthday man" Crippen

1 comment:

springjoy said...

good post. Sorry that it is so hard.

Hey don't ask me why I have been looking in to this but here are some popular football questions and answers.

What are the positions in football?
Offense
• Quarterback,
• Runningback,
• Fullback,
• Wide Reciever,
• Tightend,
• Offensive Tackle,
• Offensive Guard,
• Center
• Place kicker,
• Holder,
• Punter,
• Long snapper
Defense
• Defensive Tackle,
• Defensive End,
• Inside Linebacker,
• Outside Linebacker,
• Free Safety,
• Strong Safety,
• Cornerback

Who is the highest paid player in the NFL?
Highest Paid NFL Player
• Peyton Manning $35,037,700 7-year contract for 98 million dollars. $42 million dollars in 2004.
• Chad Pennington with a salary of $19,004,000.
• Mike Vick has the longest-term highest contract, with $130 million for 10 years.

What is the average NFL salary?
2006 was $1.4 million.
Falcons highest $110 million
Bills lowest $60 million.

What is the average height and weight of an NFL football player?
Average player is 6'1.5" and 245 lbs.

How many players are allowed on an NFL team?
An NFL team is allowed 53 players, not including those on the practice squad or those on injured reserve.
However, at the end of the season, teams are allowed to start adding to their "Reserve/Future" lists. no team is allowed to have more than 80 players on their active roster.
After the third preseason weekend, rosters are required to be 65 players or below. And after the fourth and final preseason weekend, all NFL teams are required to have an active roster of no more than 53 players.

Why do the NFL and NCAA use different size footballs?
Both the NCAA and the NFL footballs have the same specifications. The specifications of these footballs are: Short Circumference: 20 3/4"- 21 1/4": Long Circumference 27 3/4 "- 28 1/2 "; Weight: approximately 14-15 oz.

Q: Wilson is the Official Football of many different leagues. What are they?
A: The Official Football of the NFL; The Official Football of college Footballs USA; The Official Football of the Canadian Football League; the Official Football of NFL Europe; The Official Football of Arena Football; The Official Towel of the NFL.

Who is the tallest NFL player?
Jonathan Ogden and Brennan Curtin Jonathan Ogden Both 6'9" tall.
Close behind is 2004 rookie Robert Gallery at 6'7 3/4"
Randy Moss is another tall NFL player at 6'6.
The Tallest NFL Players in History:
Daniel Bosoms free safety for the Chicago Bears 6'11" (1968).
Richard Sligh Oakland in 1967. 7-foot even.
The tallest football player ever
Bob Bobinghanger played in 1944 and was 7'7" tall.


Which player has played for the most different NFL teams?
Jeff George has "played" for 7 different teams: Colts - 4 Seasons Falcons - 3 Raiders - 2 Vikings - 1 Redskins - 2 Seahawks - 2 (no game stats though) Bears - 2 (no game stats though)

How many teams are in the NFL?
32

Where did they get the shape of the football?
The ... shape was dictated by the pig's bladder that was inserted into a hand stitched leather casing which was used as the ball.

Any NFL players in the last ten years who did not attend college?
Mike Anderson of the Broncos was a US Marine.