Monday, October 20, 2008

Ch...Ch...Ch...Changes

These last three days has gone through many changes surrounding me. First, let me start about my weekend. I headed off to Pittsburg this weekend to see our beloved Campus Christians House for the very last time for Homecoming week. It will be torn down after this year and made into a parking lot. I have many good memories of the place from ping pong tournaments, to my fishing buddy and I wrestling down on the floor to the praise and worship days on Tuesday Nights. Speaking of my fishing buddy, Dan Decker took a new job in West Plains, Mo as a helicopter mechanic. The football stadium added jungle tron to the South field which is a new video scoreboard (gee, I wonder how much that cost) Then today at work, two of my fellow co-workers in my department decided to quit leaving the maintenance dept with just the two of us. Oh, man making my job duties double. I just wanted to take a deep breath and say "things are going to get better it's just the question of when."

I guess in this year of change.... I shouldn't be surprised of people moving, new jobs, marriage and everything else in between that you realize that things are going to change. It's just a matter of whether you can adapt to it. As I get older it gets harder and harder for me to embrace change. I know I need to but it's not easy. I remember when I was coming home yesterday putting on old Michael W. Smith song that I still like to this day. It's called "Place in this World."
As I listen to lyrics of that song it still has the same effects on my life as it did when I was a teenager. Where I feel the I'm standing still, but the wind is constantly moving. To this day I'm still looking for a reason to find my place in this world. I've always enjoyed that song because it is so true.

Signed
Tim "working on changes" Crippen

No comments: