Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Superbowl, job fair and everything else on my mind

The superbowl was one of the best I've ever seen. It's in my top five of best finishes and even the commercials were pretty funny. My personal favorites were the Budweiser commercial where the horse brings the big stick and the Mr. and Mrs Potatohead commercial for Bridgestone tires.
The Job fair was okay .....I did get to talk to some recruiters, although some companies that said they were going to be there online weren't there on Monday. Oh well, you just keep on searching and be thankful that you still have a job. I waited for about hour in line just to get to talk to some recruiters. You can tell when the economy is bad when over 1300 come to an event like this and your hoping you get that certain position. I do have gripe with some people who attended this thing. If your coming to a job fair dress like your going to an interview not like someone who just got back from shopping extravaganza.
The switch to digital TV is only days away and I can't wait....or is it going be a few more months? Recently, congress is working on passing a bill that will delay the digital switch till June and yes President Obama is supporting this bill. Now, for people who have HDTV like me or people with satellite or cable were already there. I know they said reason their doing this because they ran out of money and coupons for the converter box. Give me a *#@$ing break, they have had this place for over two years....just another thing that happens when government runs it.

Signed
Tim "venting off" Crippen

No comments: