Monday, March 16, 2015

Planet Comicon 2015 and March Madness

For the first time ever, I decided no wait scratched that, I had to go to planet comicon 2015 here in Kansas city. Now, granted it's not like the big one in San Diego, but it is still cool. I went there because I had lost a bet with my co-host that Seattle would win the Superbowl.  So, here I am seeing plenty of vendors selling t-shirts, costumes, drawings and toys. Since most of this is either comic book or sci-fi related, I looked into the toy area to find some of the old star wars toys in their original packages.  You can find sime cheap ones out of the packages or from later years of star wars episodes. However, the first ones are what collectors want....oh did they have few. Some minor characters were going around the 40-60 range.  Master Yoda was going for $450.  I knew it was big, but $450? That's a monthly down payment on a classy car.


 
Anyway, the main reason for being here was to get an autograph of a celebrity.  So I got not one but two stars.
 
First, I got Erin Grey from the Buck Rodgers & Silver spoons TV show Then I went to get the one autograph I had to get.

I was able to get Wesley (Cary Elwes) from the princess bride and robin hood men in tights.  He was a super cool guy and made my experience here fun.  Actually, the people who dressed in costumes made it even more fun.  Maybe, I will come back next year we will see.
 
Okay, March madness picks for the final four. Duke, Kentucky, Louisville and Arizona. Winner will be Kentucky winning it all and going undefeated.

No comments: