Monday, January 15, 2007

Winter what are you going to do about it


There's an old saying in the post office that "No matter what the weather....sunshine, rain, snow, sleet or ice we will deliver the mail." Well, it's winter and what are you going to do about it...you can only crank up the heater so much." I will admit it that I am not a fan of winter weather....in fact I despise it. It's days like today that I'm thinking I would rather be someplace warm like Cancun, Miami or San Diego. However, winter does serve some good purposes like snow for skiing, killing of bugs and the rebirth of new buds forming on trees even though it's suppose to happen in the springtime. I know there is other purposes, but I can't think of any others right now. Although, I know spring is right around the corner (no pun intended Spring) with the Boat and RV shows coming into town, baseball spring training, and when kites are in store. AHHH don't you just love the warmth. When I see a guy or gal jumping into ice water I think of one of three things. A. Their part of the polar ice club B. Their doing it for charity C. Their just plain nuts. I know this sounds too much like an anti winter blog, but hey I don't care it's my blog and that's how I feel. Besides, I have deal with it just like everybody else for the next two months or three weeks if you believe that little groundhog.

No comments: