Sunday, March 25, 2007

Where's my thrill?

Whenever I get in one of those down moods or just don't feel like myself, I pop in a CD of my favorite artist right now. Robert Randolph and the Family Band and their album "Colorblind". If you haven't heard their music it's a mixture of soul, R and B, and little bit of party all wrapped into one. I'm hoping they come to K.C., but so far on their tour schedule the closest they will be is in Chicago. Anyway, there is a song on the album called "Thrill of it" which has and awesome bass sound in the background. I happen to be listening to it this past weekend and somewhere in the song, the lyrics kind of struck a chord with me. The lyrics went like this "It might hurt just a little bit, while I'm trying to figure this out. I'm on this ride for the "thrill of it" living a dream that's what life is all about." Those words sound so opposite of BB King song "the thrill is gone" but of course BB king sings the blues. The reason I write those lyrics is that I'm hoping that there is more to life than just living a dream. I do agree that when you figuring out what you want your dream to be that it is going to be a struggle and sometimes it's going to be painful. These past couple of months, I feel like at times there is a struggle between me and Jesus (And I know that I will never win this battle) I know that he has something out there for me and I don't see the big picture and then I keep saying "where my thrill?" where did I go wrong? or why am I not back into broadcsting? I try to take it day by day but at the times I kind of wondering is this dream really worth pursuing. Anyway, I just need your thoughts and prayers to think of me as to what I'm suppose do and where God is really leading me.

Update: I have ordered the purple complaint free bracelets and they should be in sometime within the next two or three weeks. I did get an email from Rev. who started this and his idea will be shown on Oprah this Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i talked a little about this on my Blog "When God is Silent"

http://primavera-joy.blogspot.com/2007/03/when-god-is-silent.html

Spring