Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Conversations at the Ballpark

After working a few ballgames this year, I've realized that people's conversations are really loud. I'm not sure why people do this, maybe it's the atmosphere or are people are just hard of hearing. Do they want you to listen to their conversation? Or is it because the conversations at ballpark are more exciting than your other workplace? (aka Post Office) So, what I have done is compile the best of the best conversations overheard at The K. Were not talking like ordering food were talking outside of the concession stands. They are some I will not used because of foul language.

Little Girl probably about 5-6 years old
"Daddy, why do they call it the 7th inning stretch?"

Guy on his cell phone
"Tina, why are you breaking up with me"?

Red Sox fan that probably had one too many and then falls over
"Hey, look everbody I can touch my nose and balance myself...whoa here I go"

Little Boy 7-8 years old
"Dad, can we go home? It's 8:30 and I'm cold and wet!

But my favorite of all was last night during T-shirt tuesday giveaway, when two teenage girls said this " With this t-shirt so big we can probably both fit in it." They tried it and they both got stuck for a brief moment. Oh, if only I had a camera.

I know this looks and sounds juvenile, but here's my advice keep your tone very low on your conversations. Advice to myself I really don't need to listen to it, but some of this stuff makes for great funny material.

Signed
Tim "new student of Financial Peace University" Crippen

No comments: