Sunday, August 05, 2007

A wedding, an old friend and Barroids all rolled into one.

Let me just say congratulations to the happy marry couple of Jerry and Natalie here's a picture of them.


Whoops that's the wrong picture of the couple ......how did that get in my photo collection. Anyway this past weekend I went to see my very good friend Jerry Moore and his new wife Natalie Eilts tie the knot in Wichita, KS at River Community Church on Saturday afternoon. The wedding was great and the reception was just as good talking to so many people. The weather was too hot but what do you expect it's August and this is the hottest time of the year when it can reach up to 100 degrees. Luckily, it didn't get that way, but it sure felt like it. I did notice that for the groom's cake there was a picture of Willie the Wildcat since Jerry is a K-State graduate.
However, this past Saturday was a real coincidence. I was in Wichita to see a wedding, our good friend Polly was also to see a friend's wedding and the shock of all shocks John and Kim were down here in Wichita to see a wedding all on the same day. What are the odds of that happening. Oh speaking of Polly, I got to see her for the first time since November.
It's nice to see old friends from The Bridge that you haven't seen in a long time. I met up with Polly at Maranatha Worship Center along with her brother Michael who was pretty cool to meet. In fact, that truck behind us in the picture is his.....it would make even Bigfoot proud. After church we all went to Chipolte's and had very nice time. It was nice to hear that Polly is going be taking some vacation time off this week to be a camp counselor for disadvantge kids. She looks like she could use a break, but before I left I gave her some words of encouragement and hug as I headed back home. We all miss you Polly and if your ever back in Kansas City area stop bye and say Hi.
Okay, now that I have told you of what I did this past weekend. I'm going to get my rant on BARRY BONDS. Oh excuse me I should say Barroids. This weekend he just tie the record and yet I didn't care. This is not a legitmate record and I will never even on my last days on earth will I consider him the legitmate homerun champion. In fact, he won't hold the record for very long. In another ten years I'll see Alex Rodriguez be the new homerun champ. I'm not a big A-Rod fan but I will say this. The only thing A-Rod ever cheated on was his wife and not steroids.
Signed
Tim " I'm ready to go to bed" Crippen

No comments: