Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Sunflower journey

When driving in Kansas; especially western kansas, you'll find the some unique places. one of those places is Mullinville. There has been a man there in town who has created many of these political and unusual wind mill signs that are along the highway in the town. Now, I don't know what his political views are but I think I know what he thinks of Hillary Clinton.
And what he thinks of our Health Care Plan
But before I went into this unique town.......I stop by Greensburg, Kansas. Before May 04, 2007 most people who have heard of greensburg, kansas only knew it as the place where the world's largest hand dug well........now it's more known for a F5 tornado that nearly wiped and entire town,
When I went see it.....I was just amazed of how there was very little left of the trees there....the schools held their classes in mobile trailer units. There was nothing left of the downtown area. Even the gift shop where the hand dug well is located was very little more than a garage shed. I would say that it's going to take about two or three years before Greensburg gets back to normal.
However, the main reason for traveling was for my grandmother's funeral. It was nice to see a lot of my cousins. Most of them were there and it was nice to catch up. Here's a nice picture of all of us cousins.
In fact one of our cousins Johnny Schneider along with his wife Shyla just had a baby boy.....way to go Johnny...the schneider name continues on. Pastor Charles West was one of the preachers at my grandmother's funeral...For those who have been at Shawnee church of the nazarene for awhile......he was the pastor there. Here we stand together as we laugh at a joke.
As for the place that we stayed at...Wow! My grandparents former next door neighbors Charlie and Jimmie Owings just opened their home for us. There were the nicest host you could ever want....the house was about 6000 square foot. Even their dog Maui...the german shepherd even greeted us.
My grandmother was a person who loved to take pictures...even if they were little crooked. Although, if their was one word to describe her it was patience. I happen to see this saying on the church bathroom wall that really describe my grandmother.
"Patience with others is called love, patience with self is called hope and patience with God is called faith." We will miss you grandma from the Schneider, Crippen and Hale families.
Signed
Tim Crippen

No comments: