Sunday, May 03, 2009

Mass Hysteria over swine flu

I know that this blog post that people won't agree with me, but I'm going to speak my mind. This past week the local as well asthe national media has been starting out their newscast with stories about the swine flu. Now, I'm not saying that it doesn't exist. What I am saying is that it not a pandemic. Maybe in other parts of the world, but here in the U.S. only what one person has died. More people have died from measles or mumps back in the early 20th century. This is so much a scare tactic that people at my workplace have used it as an excuse to get out of work. You might have the flu, but your chances are not that of swine flu....unless of course you just recently got back from Mexico. I'm not so much mad at the disease then I am against the media who hype this thing up.....what was it a slow newsday at work....Come on this about as bad as that MSNBC report saying that global warming is going to cause the north pole to melt and oceans to flood coastal cities like NYC by 2013......we'll see these people need to be held accountable. Anyway, I digress......the swine flu hopefully within a few weeks we'll be an old news story just like bird flu and the west nile virus it will all be just another flash in the pan.

Signed
Tim " pass me the bacon" Crippen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree

right now they are saying that it is no worse than the common flu

spring