Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Michael Winslow the man of 1000 voices

I should give thanks to Dan for this post for telling me how to get free tickets to Stanford's on 98.9 the rock. So, Dan I say thank you. On Saturday night I got to see the one and only Michael Winslow perform and I'll tell you I would have paid to go see him as well. Mostly people remember as Officer Jonesy from the police academy movies or his part in "spaceballs" or the voice of the evil gremlin stripe. This guy is probably the best when it comes to the voices and sound effects. There were a couple of problems during the show......the sound system there at Standford's is not really all that good and his whole performance wasn't entirely clean I would say it was about 5-10% dirty with a few cuss words and stupid sophmoric humor. His highlights were mostly of his impressions of Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix, and Louie Armstrong. The voices and sound effects he does of a clip of the Original Star Wars movie was dead on. My cousin and his friend and I had an absouletly great time. Just to kind of give you an idea of what I'm talking about here is clip of him doing Jimi Hendrix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfSjyhDeSKo it is very funny and if you think that is impressive try his performance of Robert Plant from Led Zepplin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31kdfa_iCis


Signed
Tim "somewhat funny guy" Crippen

No comments: