Sunday, December 09, 2007

Not really missing Jay Leno......okay maybe a little

Being cold and ice in this weekend gave me a chance to catch on some reading, watch some holiday films and laugh at the people who have to drive in this crappy weather. For the past five weeks the writers guild of america have been on strike. What does that mean? Well, I haven't seen a new late night show in quite awhile. No more new shows from primetime schedule except for the ones that are eithier game or reality shows. The movie industry is hurt the least beacause all the films that are coming out next year are already written. So, is it bothering me? Not really except I do miss watching a new Jay leno episode with new comedy. I just caught friday night's episode in which they went back to the archives like back to 2004. Ouch! next thing you know if strike continues any longer their going to show an old Tonight show with Johhny Carson in black and white. You know the way I look at it .....If Letterman and Leno are really all that funny......Why can't they write the jokes themselves and do the shows without the writers. Heck, I betcha I could find Joe Blow out on the street who could probably write funny material. The point is that I'm not really missing my late night comedy too much.....with the holidays in full swing, working overtime and trying to find time with friends and family.....I haven't had the time to think about it what if the writers strike goes on longer. Here's a thought and I'll put it in big bold letters.



How about trying to get a life instead of watching TV.

Signed
Tim "merry christmas" Crippen

No comments: